BTR-2 “Bluetooth Retrofit”™ Kit”
For 996.1 (911) MK I Turbo – Carrera – C4S – C4 – Targa and 986.1 MK I Boxster vehicles through model year 2002. The idea is simple, include EVERYTHING in a kit to make the installation DIY simple and provide functionality of streaming or taking calls via Bluetooth while charging your smart phone. No cords or chargers – powers up when you turn the key on! For 1997 – 2002 era factory head units. Perfect for enthusiasts who don’t want to add an aftermarket head unit to stream Bluetooth – our kit retains the factory head unit and OEM look.
NOTE: Does NOT work with the “MOST “fiber optic units, like CDR-23 found in 2003 onward vehicles. Remote CD player is inoperable. For CR/CDR 210 head units; this device will not work unless unless there is a factory CD Changer in the front trunk.
Factory 996 & 997 Turbo / GT2 OEM Radio/CD/PCM Head Unit Option List; HERE.
- Keep your factory look – head unit remains in place!
- Stream music from your smart phone
- Make/Take Calls – Hands Free
- Separate cable to charge a smart phone
- Noise Isolator – ensures quieter, static free operation
- Always On! Includes Power Converter – no need to plug into cigarette lighter or recharge a battery – the Bluetooth receiver is ALWAYS POWERED.
- Connects to factory radio / head unit for true stereo input – NOT an FM modulator that sounds terrible and loses a signal.
For the following head units:
- Becker Traffic Pro, Mexico CD (7803, CC4325, CC4327, CD4337, CC4370)
- Becker CR-22, CDR-22, CR-220, CDR-220
- Becker CDR-210, CR-210 and PCM1 radios with CD Changer
For the following 1997 – 2002 (MKI) cars:
- Porsche 996 (911) Carrera / C4 / Targa / Cabrio up to 2002
- Porsche 996 GT3 up to 2002
- Porsche 996 Turbo / GT2 up to 2002
- Porsche Boxster and Boxster S up to 2002
Bluetooth-Retrofit™ Kit Contents:
- Bluetooth Retrofit receiver and Ground Loop Noise Isolator
- Transformer – No need to plug in or charge up receiver!
- Connector cable with ISO plug to head unit CD port
- Charging cable and adapter for iPhone, iPad, Samsung or Android smart phones
- Head Unit Removal Keys
- Stepped drill bit
- T-taps, zip ties, Velcro, etc.
- Step by Step Illustrated Installation Instructions (emailed with purchase)
Warranty: No worries; 2 year limited warranty, see bottom of www.rennkit.com/purchase for details
- Pull out radio head unit with provided removal keys.
- Optional: Remove cubby shelf and drill a hole with supplied stepped drill bit
- Route wires behind the console and secure
- Connect up 2 power wires to existing wiring with T-taps provided.
- Mount BT receiver
Factory head unit showing CD input (blue plug shown):
Blue plug for CD changer – for CR/CDR 210/220 head units, there must be a CD Changer in the front trunk.
- On some models: If you have a single disc head unit CD player – the CD player will work, switch to the AUX function for BT.
- If there is a remote multi-disc CD player in the frunk, it will be disconnected and unusable.
CLEAR STEP-BY-STEP ILLUSTRATED INSTRUCTIONS EMAILED WITH PURCHASE:
- BLUETOOTH 4.0 HANDS-FREE CAR RECEIVER – Built-in Microphone, Stream Wireless Music or calls from smart phones, tablets or Bluetooth enabled audio devices and play them through your car audio system. Includes ground isolator to reduce noise and hum.
- LATEST BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY – Supports pairing two smarts devices. Fully Backward Compatible. Full-speed transmission . You will never miss a call again with this Bluetooth adapter!
- PURE SOUND QUALITY – Built-in microphone transmits your voice to your phone. Echo and noise canceling technology supply non-stop wireless stereo music streaming and clear phone calls.
- EASY TO USE – It is easy to setup the car kit and control it. Power to the receiver keeps it powered up. Pair the Bluetooth receiver with your phone. Adjust the car radio mode to CD or AUX IN (if available). Automatically power on and connect to the last paired device after turning the key on. Wireless music player controls – Play, Pause, Previous song, Next song, Volume down, Volume up; Talking controls – Answer and reject calls. Music or call switching.
- COMPATIBLE DEVICES – Receiver is compatible with all iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and iPod nano models, iPad mini, iPad mini and all Android smartphones and tablets including Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S
BTR-2 BLUETOOTH-RETROFIT™ KIT
This site is in no way associated with Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Porsche is a registered trademark of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.