BTR – Bluetooth Retrofit™ kits for 1998 – 2016 Porsche® Vehicles
Add Bluetooth capability to your factory sound system!
BTR-2 for Gen 1 986 Boxster / 996.1 & 996.2 through 2002
Must have CD Changer
BTR-2.1 as above, plus Qi wireless charging pad for smart phones
Must have CD Changer
BTR-3 for 2003 – 2010 986 / 987 Boxster & Cayman, 996.2 / 997.1 Carrera, GT2, GT3, Turbo and Cayenne with fiber-optics
NOT for PCM3/CDR30
Must have CD Changer or for PCM2.1; Navi and/or BOSE (see below).
BTR-3PM for 2005 – 2010 987.1 Boxster / Cayman and 997.1 Carrera, Turbo, GT3, GT2 and Cayenne with PCM2.1 + Hands-Free Phone Module
NOT for PCM3/CDR30. Must have CD Changer and/or Navi and/or phone module and/or BOSE (see below).
*NEW* BTR-3-3.X for 2009 – 2016 911, Cayenne, Boxster/Cayman, Panamera and Macan with PCM3.0 or 3.1.
*Which factory head unit do you have? Click HERE.
BTR-2 Bluetooth Retrofit™ Kit
1998 – 2002
Adds Bluetooth capability to 996 GT-2 – GT3 – Turbo – Carrera – C4 – Targa and 986 Boxster through model year 2002. Compatible with 1997 – 2002 factory head units with CD Changer. The idea is simple; include EVERYTHING in a kit to make the installation DIY friendly and provide the functionality for streaming or calling via Bluetooth while charging your device. No external cigarette lighter converter or wires – powers up when key is on! Perfect for enthusiasts who don’t want to add an aftermarket head unit to stream or call – the BTR kit retains the factory head unit and OEM look!
BTR-2.1 Bluetooth Retrofit™ Kit with Qi Wireless Charger
As above BTR-2 kit, with Qi charging pad for wirelessly charging your smart phone. Attach charging pad to bottom of the console storage shelf (or elsewhere) and plug into the supplied switched connector. Wrelessly charge your smartphone while you drive! (NOTE: Your phone must be wireless charging compatible – check with your manufacturer)
Note, Suitable for phones with built-in charging receiver, can be charged directly – check with your phone manufacturer for compatibility.
NOTE: BTR-2 is incompatible with the “MOST ” fiber optic units, like CDR-23 and PCM-2 found in 2003 onward vehicles. Remote CD Changer becomes inoperable. For CR/CDR 210 head units; this device will not work unless there is a factory CD Changer in the front trunk.
(Your BT receiver may look slightly different)
- Keep the factory look – head unit remains in place!
- Stream music from your smart phone
- Make/Take Calls – Hands Free
- Separate cable to charge your Apple or Android smart phone
- Noise Isolator – ensures quieter, static free operation
- Power Converter – no need to plug into cigarette lighter or recharge a battery – the Bluetooth receiver is POWERED UP whenever the ignition is on. Will not drain car battery.
- Connects directly to factory radio / head unit for true stereo input – NOT an FM modulator that sounds terrible and loses FM signal.
For the following head units:
- Becker Traffic Pro, Mexico CD (7803, CC4325, CC4327, CD4337, CC4370)
- Becker CR-22, CDR-22, CR-220, CDR-220
- Becker CDR-210, CR-210 radios with CD Changer
For the following 1997 – 2002 cars:
- Porsche 996 (911) Carrera / C4 / Targa / Cabrio through 2002
- Porsche 996 GT3 / Turbo through 2002
- Porsche Boxster (Gen 1 – 986) through 2002
Bluetooth-Retrofit™ Kit Contents:
- Bluetooth receiver with Ground Loop Noise Isolator
- Power Converter
- Connector cable to head unit CD port (CD Changer becomes inoperable)
- Charging cable with adapter for iPhone, iPad, Samsung or Android smart phones
- Head Unit Removal Keys
- Stepped drill bit
- T-taps, zip ties, Velcro, etc.
- Step by Step Illustrated Installation Instructions (emailed with purchase)
Warranty: No worries; 2 year limited warranty, click for details www.rennkit.com/purchase/terms/
- Pull out radio head unit with provided removal keys.
- Optional: Remove cubby shelf and drill a hole with supplied stepped drill bit
- Route wires behind the console and secure
- Connect power wires with T-taps
- Connect BT Receiver to head unit (CD Changer becomes inoperable)
- Mount BT Receiver / Mic
CLEAR STEP-BY-STEP ILLUSTRATED INSTRUCTIONS EMAILED WITH PURCHASE:
- BLUETOOTH 4.0 HANDS-FREE CAR RECEIVER – Built-in Mic, Stream Wireless Music or calls from smart phones, tablets or Bluetooth enabled audio devices and play them through car audio system. Includes noise isolator to reduce hum.
- LATEST BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY – Supports pairing two smarts devices. Fully Backward Compatible. Full-speed transmission . You will never miss a call again!
- PURE SOUND QUALITY – Built-in mic transmits your voice to your phone. Echo and noise canceling technology supply non-stop wireless stereo music streaming and clear phone calls.
- EASY TO USE – It is easy to install the BTR kit and control it. Power to the receiver keeps it powered up. Pair with your phone. Set car radio mode to CD or AUX IN (if available). Automatic power on and connect to the last paired device. Wireless music player controls – Play, Pause, Previous song, Next song, Volume Down, Volume Up; Talking controls – Answer or Reject calls. Music or call switching.
- COMPATIBLE DEVICES – Receiver is compatible with all iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and iPod nano models, iPad mini, iPad mini and all Android smartphones and tablets including Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S.
BTR-3 Bluetooth Retrofit™ Kit for M.O.S.T. Fiberoptic Audio Systems
For 2003 – 2011 era factory head units with the MOST fiberoptic ring. Adds Bluetooth capability to 911 (996 MK2/997.1) 2003 – 2011, Boxster 2003 – 2010, Cayman 2003 – 2010, Cayenne 2003 – 2010. with CDR23, CDR24 (must have CD Changer), PCM2 and PCM2.1. Not for PCM3 / CDR 30.
The idea is simple; include EVERYTHING in a kit to make the installation DIY simple and provide functionality of streaming or taking calls via Bluetooth. Detailed instruction and video links provided. Perfect for enthusiasts who don’t want to add an aftermarket head unit to stream Bluetooth – our BTR-3 kit retains the factory head unit OEM look. If the car has a factory CD Changer, BTR-3 will work out of the box. It must have an external device, such as a CD Changer, Satellite, external Navigation DVD player or Phone Module in order to function. Without these, the CD Changer functions must be programmed by the dealer (or shop) with a PIWIS to activate this functionality. (NOTE: CDR24 MUST have a CD Changer – it cannot be programmed in)
BTR-3 – BLUETOOTH RETROFIT™ KIT (NO PHONE MODULE)
For cars WITHOUT factory phone module.
NOT FOR PCM 3 / CDR 30 or CDR24 without CD CHANGER, CDR23 without CD Changer will need to be programmed by dealer.
BTR-3PM – BLUETOOTH RETROFIT™ KIT (CARS WITH HANDS-FREE PHONE MODULE)
As above, for cars WITH optional factory hands-free phone module and PCM2 or PCM 2.1, select this BTR-3PM Kit.
Not for PCM3 / CDR 30, CDR23 or CDR24.
If you press TEL and see this screen, you have the factory hands-free Phone Module:
CDR23 must have a CD Changer. Without a CD Changer, the car must be programmed by the dealer (or a shop) with a PIWIS to support the BTR-3 module.
CDR24 must have the CD Changer to support the BTR-3 module.
PCM2.1 with a BOSE system will work out of the box, otherwise it must have an external device, such as a 6-CD Changer, Satellite, external Navigation or Phone Module in order to function. Without any of these mentioned functions, the car must be programmed by the dealer (or a shop) with a PIWIS to support the BTR-3 /BTR-3PM module.
For the following models:
- 2003 – 2005 Porsche® 996.2 (MK-II) (911) Carrera / C2 / C4 / Targa / Cabrio / GT3 / Turbo / GT2
- 2005 – 2011 Porsche® 997.1 (911) Carrera / C2S / C4S / Cabrio / GT3 / Turbo / GT2
- 2003 – 2010 Porsche® 987 Boxster / Cayman
- 2003 – 2010 Porsche® Cayenne
For the following PCM and CDR head units:
CDR24 / CDR23 w/ CDC PCM2 / PCM2.1
NOTE: CDR24 MUST have CD Changer
NOT FOR PCM 3.0 or CDR 30
- Keep the factory look – head unit remains in place!
- Bluetooth hands-free, A2DP music streaming
- Make/Take Calls – Hands Free calling directly from the car stereo via Bluetooth using provided mic
- USB / SD Card Music Playback
- Support USB flash / microSD card play (both MP3 & WMA files)
- Supports up to 64 Gb Card
- File System: FAT16 or FAT32
- Up to 5 folders with 999 songs in each
- Song filename displayed
- .mp3 and .wma music file supported
- Full integration with PCM menu
- Support steering wheel buttons control
- Support AUX-in external device
- App audio through car speakers
- Music, navigation, podcasts, Spotify, Deezer, Pandora, YouTube, iTunes etc. through the car speakers
- Easy to use interface with menu browsing and music information on your car display (on selected radio with text support only)
- Phone charging via USB cable (300mAh)
BTR-3 Kit Contents:
- BTR-3 Module
- Mic and cable
- Aux connector cable
- FO Connector cable to head unit CD port
- FO Connector loop cable for CD Changer
- 12V Wiring kit
- Removal Keys (Only for CDR23 single-DIN Head Units)
- Zip ties, 3M tape, etc.
- Step by Step Illustrated Installation Instructions and video links (emailed with purchase)
- Extra Bypass Loop (Only for BTR-3PM Kit with factory phone module)
Handy with tools and have done this before? Easy DIY Installation:
- Remove panel in frunk – add FO loop cable to CD Changer Connector
- Pull out head unit (use provided removal keys for CDR-23)
- Remove side panels to center console
- Connect 2 power wires to module wiring with connectors provided.
- Connect BTR-3 Module to head unit with supplied FO connector
- Mount BTR-3 Module
CLEAR STEP-BY-STEP ILLUSTRATED INSTRUCTIONS EMAILED WITH PURCHASE:
Warranty: No worries; 2 year limited warranty on BTR-3 Module only, click for details www.rennkit.com/purchase/terms/
Important Compatibility Notes:
- NOT for PCM-3 or CDR-30
- If a factory CD Changer is installed, the BTR-3 kit is compatible.
- If a PCM unit has BOSE, the BTR-3 is compatible.
- CDR23 & 24 must have CD Changer.
- CDR23 without CD Changer: Reprogramming (Many dealers/shops do not know how to activate) may be feasible. On some head units the CD Changer (CDC) feature must be activated by dealer, or shop with a PIWIS device – contact your dealer or shop to see if this is possible.
- Some cars did not include the factory CD Changer – but are “CD Changer Ready”, these cars are compatible with the BTR-3 and do not require activation. This information is listed on the window sticker or by VIN decoding for example.
- CD Changer, if present, will become inoperable.
- Phone book sync not supported.
- A factory “Hands Free” Phone Module must be bypassed to use the mic. Select the BTR-3-PM Kit for cars with hands free factory phone module to use the supplied microphone.
BTR-3-3.X Bluetooth Retrofit™ Kit for newer PCM3.0 and PCM3.1 Systems
The BTR-3-3.X series is a CarPlay (CP) / Android Auto (AA) interface that will allow you to connect your iPhone / Android phone to the PCM3.0 and PCM3.1 head unit with a visual interface designed by Apple / Google, and many apps installed on your phone can be used in CarPlay / AA.
BTR-3-3.0 for PCM3.0 $489.99
911 2009 – 2011
BTR-3-3.1 for PCM3.1 $489.99
Boxster / Cayman 2013-2016
Panamera / Cayenne 2010-2016
What makes this interface stand out from all competitors is that the native MOST bus is used to transmit sound data, so everything is “digital to digital” up to the head unit. Hence the sound output quality is far superior to other interfaces that use AUX for sound output. Even more interesting is that the BTR-3-3.X series has a built-in DSP chipset which gives a highly customizable 15 bar sound equalizer that the users can adjust according to their listening preferences.
NOTE: This may not be a DIY job for you. A video board must be installed inside the PCM head unit. This may be a job for a reputable stereo shop. After you watch the installation videos (links sent with purchase), you can make that determination.
Porsche® PCM3.0/3.1 CarPlay & Android Auto Interface MOST DSP 911, Boxster, Cayman, Panamera, Cayenne and Macan.
Rennkit’s revolutionary BTR-3-3.X series CarPlay & AA interface for Porsche® PCM3.0/3.1 has once again achieved a masterpiece product nobody can even imagine. By utilizing M.O.S.T. bus connection to deliver top notch digital audio, and a 15 bar DSP equalizer for full sound customization, your listening preferences are achieved every time you drive your Porsche.
Why choose Rennkit’s BTR-3-3.X CarPlay & Android Auto interface?
- The only MOST CarPlay interface for Porsche’s PCM3.0/3.1 that handles sound data as digital-to-digital straight to the head unit.
- Supports Apple Lossless music streaming
- Supports CarPlay and Android Auto in one device
- 100% Plug and Play, no cutting wires or soldering
- No changing of original display or car parts
- Uses LVDS as a video signal, with highest quality visual display
- Incorporates original buttons and controls
- Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, iTunes, YouTube playback and more
- Siri activation by steering wheel voice command button
- Highly customizable 15 bar DSP equalizer
- No coding or Factory TV module needed, once Rennkit CarPlay interface is installed, the “TV” icon will appear on the PCM home menu right away.
- BTR-3-3.X supports aftermarket cameras up to AHD720
- BTR-3-3.X does not support OEM microphones, however if your car has built-in Bluetooth handsfree you can use it to handle phone calls while in CarPlay.
- SIRI / VA commands must be input with the microphone supplied with BTR-3-3.X
- Apple CarPlay, Google Android Auto (wired & wireless)
- Miracast wireless (what plays on your phone is displayed on your car display)
- Bluetooth Handsfree carkit (HFP) & Music Streaming (A2DP)
- USB Video and Music Playback
- Reverse Camera Input, parking grid supported in certain model (Camera not included)
- Front/Left/Right camera Input
- Firmware updates possible
BTR-3-3.X Technical Data:
- Operating Temperature: -20 – +80 degree centigrade
- DAC resolution: 18Bit
- MP3 kbit: 8 – 384kbit
- Voltage: 10 – 14.6V DC
- Operation Current: 450mA (700mA when charging mobile phone)
- S/N ratio: 95dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.1%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20KHz
BTR-3-3.X High performance video and audio codec
- Decoding H.264 (Baseline and Main High Profile, Level 1-4.2) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding VC-1 (Simple Main Profile, low, medium and high levels. Advanced Profile, levels 0-3) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding MPEG1/2/4 (Simple Profile, levels 0-6. Main Profile, low, medium andhigh levels. ASP, levels 0-5) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding Real-Video 8/9/10 30fps @1080p
- Decoding VP6/7/8 (VP6.0/1/2, VP7 version 0-3, VP8 version 2(WebM)) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding DivX (DivX3/4/5/6) 30fps @1080p
- Decoding H.263 (Profile 0, levels 10-70.) 30fps @720×576
- JPEG codec (Baseline interleaved) 8176×8176
- Support *.mkv, *.mp4, *.avi, *.wmv, *.rmvb, *.rm, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.ts, *.dat, *.asf, *.flv, *.vob, and so on file format
- Multi Format Audio CODEC (MP3, WMA, AAC, AC3, DTS, OGG, FLAC, APE, AMR, and so on)
It is recommended that a professional car stereo shop install this device. If your car’s electrical system begins to behave unpredictably, immediately disconnect the BTR module physically and have the system checked by your installer or electronics professional. RENNKIT™ and its authorized distributors and retailers are not liable for any incidental, consequential or other loss and do not assume liability for any diagnostic fees or repair costs.
The use of handheld devices while driving may be subject to government regulation. Please ensure that your use of the BTR device is compliant with applicable traffic laws. Rennkit™ does not assume any liability for any event resulting from the illegal or irresponsible use of handheld devices while driving. RENNKIT™ reserves the right to modify its products or specifications without prior notice.
This site is in no way associated with Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Porsche is a registered trademark of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.