2006-2011 997 Turbo, GT2, GT3, Carrera 4S, Carrera 2S
Scroll down to find the following or click link:
eRam Kit™ – Patented electric Wing Elevator
MicroModule Device™ – Stop the Spoiler Warning
Wing Extender™ Kit (for OEM Hydraulics -or- eRam Kit™) – Increased Wing Height
AUTO-BLiP – Automatic downshift throttle blip
Shifter & E-Brake Raiser Kits
FLEXIBLE PAYMENT OPTIONS
997 Turbo eRam Kit™
NO MORE HYDRAULICS!™
Don’t risk Power Steering fluid leaks into your engine bay or down the bumper. Extensively designed and engineered to permanently fix the overly complex and troublesome factory hydraulic mechanism. Since 2015, our patented eRam Kit™ is the best permanent economical solution for a fully functional wing! WORKS EXACTLY LIKE THE FACTORY MECHANISM. Up at 75 MPH, down at 37 MPH or with the switch.
997 TURBO eRAM KIT™ CHOICES
4.8” [122 mm] eRam Kit™
Our flagship eRam Kit™ provides SUPERIOR rear downforce, as the wing is up higher in cleaner air – like the factory GT2, GT3 and GT4 wings. This kit provides superior rear wheel down force at higher speeds. This eRam Kit™ raises the wing 4.8” [122 mm] above the lowered position when raised.
- 997 Turbo coupe, adds an additional 3.4” [86 mm] compared to the stock wing height.
- 997 Turbo cabriolet, adds an additional 2.2” [56 mm] compared to the stock wing height.
Superior aesthetics – you can easily see the wing deploy in the rear-view mirror, observers can readily see the raised wing on the street or track.
Note: Parked wing is 0.8″ [22 mm] above the rear lid ducktail spoiler as shown:
4.8″ [122 mm] eRam Kit™ for the 997 Turbo
4.8″ [122 mm] eRam Kit™
4” [100 mm] eRam Kit™
“Aggressive yet not excessive”. Provides great aerodynamic benefit, as the wing is up in cleaner air at speed with the added benefit to rear wheel down force. This eRam Kit™ extends the wing up 4” [100 mm] when deployed – yet sits flush to ducktail when down – just like the factory mechanism.
- For the 997 Turbo coupe, adds an additional 2.6” [65mm] above factory raised height, and for the Cabrio 1.4″ [35 mm] higher. Great aesthetics – you can easily see the raised wing in the rear-view mirror, observers readily notice your extended wing on the street or track. When down, the wing is flush to duck tail like the factory system.
4″ eRam Kit™
3” [75 mm] eRam Kit™
Offers improved aero-effect down force and aesthetics compared with stock factory height. On the 997 Turbo coupe the 3″ eRam Kit™ is 1.6” [40 mm] higher than the stock turbo coupe’s extended wing. For the Cabrio it’s 0.4″ [10mm] higher. This is also the closest eRam Kit™ to the factory raised height for cabriolet models. The perfect choice for those who want to retain more of a stock look – yet appreciate a bolder rear wing statement. When parked, wing is flush to duck tail like factory system.
3″ eRam Kit™
2” [50 mm] eRam Kit™ (only for 997 Turbo Coupe)
For those who want an economical choice for replacing a dead factory hydraulic mechanism with all of the eRam Kit™ benefits. Requires special installation techniques and takes a bit longer to complete. Coupe height is 0.6″ [15mm] taller stock, but Cabrio height is 0.6″ [15mm] shorter than factory height and is NOT recommended. When parked, wing is flush to duck tail like factory system.
2″ eRam Kit™
Recommended for Coupe Only.
Our patented 997 Turbo eRam Kit™ consists of two pre-assembled self-contained electric rams that simply bolt onto the engine lid with NO modifications. The eRam Kit™ includes a small electronic “MicroModule Device™” that connects to the factory wiring and prevents the dreaded SPOILER WARNING. Nearly plug and play!
eRam Kit™ Options / Accessories / Tools
- SuperFast Version™ Reduces up / down stroke time significantly. The wing travels up or down faster than the factory mechanism. The 4.8″ or 4″ eRam stroke time is reduced from 11 seconds to just over 3 seconds. The 3″ time is under 3 seconds, while the 2″ time is about 2 seconds. A must for those that track their Turbo. PURCHASE HERE
- Dust & Moisture Boots Protect your eRam Kit™ investment. These are a safeguard for keeping the electric rams dry, dust free and looking like new. When ordered, come pre-installed on your eRam Kit™. Note; the boots range in color from gray to black. PURCHASE HERE
- Pin Wrench: This tool is for removing the wing from the factory hydraulic rams. A MUST FOR THE 997 TURBO as the factory used a very strong thread locker. Engage the wrench pin through the outer cylinder to grasp the inner slotted washer. Makes the job of removing the wing easy and safe! Heavy gauge black oxidized steel finish. Imported from Germany. PURCHASE HERE
Functions exactly like the factory mechanism; wing extends by using the dash switch or after reaching 75 MPH (100 Km/h). Wing retracts with the dash switch, or upon slowing to 37 MPH (60 Km/h).
Stop spending time, effort and money on the troublesome factory system. Fix one item and there are several more parts that have degraded and will soon fail. Don’t risk a hydraulic wing system failure and subsequent leak of corrosive (and flammable) Power Steering fluid into your hot engine bay or down the back bumper. The original factory hydraulic mechanism can be rebuilt, but can NEVER be prevented from failing or leaking fluid. Our patented robust all-electric eRam Kit™ can never leak and eRam Kit™ parts are easily removed with standard hand tools for servicing or upgrade.
DEALER CHARGES up to $4000 to replace the troublesome hydraulic mechanism. Others offer a rebuild service, simply tearing down and repairing the same failure prone mechanism, often using solvents to swell internal o-rings. Another offers shiny aftermarket parts for the internal hydraulic mechanism made out of stainless instead of brass. They don’t even attempt to call it a permanent solution, claiming it is “easy” to change out cheap internal o-rings, then refill and bleed the mechanism once it fails again… Who wants to go through that – let alone more than once? It’s only a matter of time until hot engine bay conditions destroy one of many hydraulic components that are failure prone! 14 WAYS THE HYDRAULICS FAIL
The patented eRam Kit™ comes with two self-contained electric eRams, all fittings, fasteners, electrical connections and the tiny MicroModule Device™ which prevents the spoiler warning. No cutting, drilling or modification to any part of the car. Easy install – about the same skill level as changing brake pads. Installation of the eRam Kit™ takes about 2 hours for anyone with any mechanical skill. Most customers install the eRam Kit™ themselves using our illustrated instruction guide and video (links sent with purchase). Easily maintained – no special tools needed. Easily modified – for example to later exchange for different length rams or to add Dust & Moisture Boots.
HEAVY DUTY yet light-weight aluminum electric eRams have built-in limit switches on each eRam. Greatly reduced risk of failure along with the car’s relays. Extensively tested up to 200 MPH since 2015.
COST EFFECTIVE – Our patented eRam Kit™ is much less costly than a new factory mechanism (up to $4000 installed by the dealer) – and can NEVER leak or fail due to the many problems associated with the OEM hydraulic mechanism, outlined CLICK HERE.
997 Turbo with 3″ Super-Fast eRam Kit™ Installed
FULLY PRE-ASSEMBLED with all hardware and electrical components included – simply bolt onto the 997 Turbo deck lid and connect wires with supplied connectors. Choose from FOUR extension heights and various options / accessories to transform and upgrade your 997 Turbo.
CUSTOM HEIGHT eRam Kit™
We can provide a custom height for your factory or aftermarket wing, from 2″ all the way up to 6 3/4″. CONTACT US for options.
NOTE: Only the 2″, 3″ or 4″ eRam kits sit flush with the decklid.
SIMPLER – MORE ROBUST – LIGHTER – HIGHER – SAFER – MORE DOWNFORCE
- The ONLY PATENTED all-electric Turbo wing actuation device.
- EXACTLY like the factory system: Up at 75 MPH, down at 37 MPH, or by using the dash switch to raise and lower.
- CONTINUOUS PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT assure the latest design and engineering updates. We have never rested, minor yet significant design improvements incorporated since 2015.
- PRE-ASSEMBLED with everything needed: A set of eRams and MicroModule Device™ spoiler warning prevention electronics.
(The pin wrench is highly recommended for the 997 Turbo – but not included – available here: PURCHASE )
- ROBUST self-contained electric rams designed for desert use and have a duty cycle equivalent to stroking every 6.5 minutes for 10 years!
- Available in 4 Heights: 2 inch (similar to the coupe), 3 inch (similar to the cabrio), 4 inch and NEW 4-3/4 inch (maximized downforce at high speed).
- Two Speeds: Standard or SuperFast Version™. The SuperFast Version™ rams are 4X faster at deploying the wing up or down than the standard eRam Kit. Faster than the factory mechanism!
- DIY INSTALLATION – Easily bolts on. NO MODIFICATIONS to your Turbo (no drilling, machining, cutting, etc.). Under two hours start to finish, remove old hydraulic mechanism, bolt on eRams, wire up and attach wing – it’s that simple. Illustrated step by step instructions and instructional video link sent with purchase. Our RENNKIT GARAGE step-by-step video guides you through the whole process!
- LIGHT WEIGHT – Save PRECIOUS WEIGHT at the top back end of the Turbo – 1/3 LIGHTER compared to the factory hydraulic mechanism. Reduces center of gravity at the very back of the Turbo!
- Cost Effective – compared to a new OEM system from Porsche®, this is a far more economical alternative that is nearly half the cost.
- No Worries – Two year limited warranty – see bottom of PURCHASE page for details. We are proud of our product and brand – we stand behind it.
- Upgrade Investment – Car owners that sell their “bone stock” Turbo always list the eRam Kit as a valued upgrade.
Wing operation with the eRam Kit™ installed is identical to the factory system; either by using the dash switch or when driving. Automatically deploys the wing up after reaching 75 MPH (120 km/h) and back down once at 37 MPH (60 km/h). The motor driven rams are designed for harsh environments and are protected from external moisture with a dual-seal design. Adding the recommended Dust & Moisture Boots further protects the eRam motor and gearbox from dust, moisture and harsh engine bay conditions.
The Porsche® 997 Turbo owner’s manual states that the Turbo should not be driven without proper wing operation – the car’s aerodynamics were designed around an operational wing: Factory manual describing wing operation HERE
eRam Kit™ Specifications:
- Cycle Time “SuperFast Version™“: 4″ eRam Kit < 3 sec., 3″ eRam Kit < 2.5 sec., 2” eRam Kit < 1.7 sec.
- Cycle Time Standard eRam Kit™: 4″ eRam Kit < 11 sec., 3″ eRam Kit < 9 sec., 2″ eRam Kit < 7 sec.
- Input Voltage: 12VDC
- Current: < 5A at full load
- Load Capacity: Min. 35 lbs. per electric ram
- Static Load: 2X Force
- Duty Cycle: Min. 25%
- Operating Temp.: -13°F to 149°F [-25°C to 65°C]
- Limit Switches: Built in to each electric ram – user non-adjustable
- IP Grade: IP54
- Low Noise: dB < 45 (A)
- Certified: CE & ROHS
- Clamps and flanges – Billet Aluminum 6061 T6
- Weight eRam Kit™: ~6 lb
Calculation of Duty Cycle:
The eRam Kit™ is designed for fairly harsh environmental conditions. If you used your car as a daily driver 5 days per week, and took 4 trips per day on a highway to cycle the rams 8 times, that equates to 2,000 cycles per year, or on average 0.23 cycles per hr on average.
The eRam Kit™ has a very conservative 25% duty cycle. Thus, you would be able to safely cycle your wing 300 times per hour. In effect, there is a 1300:1 safety factor on an already conservative duty cycle.
High Speed Testing
The eRam Kit™ has performed as designed during several high speed track trials over 200 MPH! Many eRam Kit™ sets have been purchased by owners that track their Turbo. They prefer the tallest and fastest eRam Kit™, as they want the factory look when down, with the benefit of better rear end down-force at the track. Wing operation is stable with smooth and precise actuation. Quicker lap times were achieved with the 4″ eRam Kit™ installed. Street or track, operation is exactly the same.
Our 997.2 Turbo with 4.75″ eRam Kit at Road America:
Aftermarket Airbox or Y-pipes?
Please contact us for fitment info if you have aftermarket boost hoses or airbox (Fabspeed, EVOMS, Turbokraft, etc.), generally these are fine with the eRam Kit™. The Turbokraft airbox will only accommodate the 3″ or 2″ eRam Kit™. We have a guideline to help you check, download HERE.
STOP THE SPOILER WARNING
For Turbos with a fixed wing (e.g. GT3, Misha, etc.), aftermarket back lid and integral wing or for a malfunctioning OEM hydaulic mechanism that still works.
- MicroModule Device™: Included with every eRam Kit™, this device can be purchased separately to prevent the spoiler warning on any 997 Turbo. For 997 Turbos with GT2 / GT3 / Aero or after-market integrated lid wing. Less costly than a new GT2 / GT3 wiring harness! Stop the spoiler warning for good! PURCHASE HERE
Extend your OEM (or eRam Kit) hydraulic mechanism’s wing higher by 1″ or 2″. Another way to get your wing further up in the clean air for better downforce! In fact, the cabriolet wing raises up higher due to inherent turbulence from the cab top, up or down.
10 minute installation: Simply use our Pin Wrench to remove the wing. Screw the wing extenders onto the wing and tighten with the pin wrench, then screw the rams back onto the Wing Extenders with the pin wrench. DIY simple. Illustrated step by step instruction link provided. Combine them to go even higher (2″ + 1″ = 3″, 2″ + 2″ = 4″).
Wing will be 1″or 2″ higher than normal when down.
Pin Wrench recommended – factory used a very strong thread locker!
2″ Wing Extenders™ with Pin Wrench for easy installation – wing is 3.4″ (Coupe) or 4.6″ (Cabrio) above decklid when up / 2″ when down.
2″ Wing Extenders™ (no Pin Wrench, wing is 3.4″ (Coupe) or 4.6″ (Cabrio) above decklid when up / 2″ when down)
1″ Wing Extenders™ with Pin Wrench for easy installation – wing is 2.4″ (Coupe) or 3.6″ (Cabrio) above decklid when up / 1″ when down.
1″ Wing Extenders™ (no Pin Wrench, wing is 2.4″ (Coupe) or 3.6″ (Cabrio) above decklid when up / 1″ when down)
For 997 with Manual Transmission
Automatically blips the throttle when downshifting gears on a manual transmission car. AUTO-BLiP works by monitoring your Turbo’s accelerator pedal position sensor, brake pedal, and clutch pedal, and only blips the throttle when both brake and clutch pedals are pressed simultaneously. AUTO-BLiP reduces mechanical wear on transmissions, improves vehicle stability when downshifting and eliminates the need for heel-and-toe technique. Detailed instructions sent with purchase – fairly simple install.
Rennkit’s customer Brian at Leguna Seca – Downshift sounds awesome! “I’m so happy with this product and wish I would have gotten it sooner.”
CLIMATE CONTROL SWITCHES AND RADIO KNOBS
Replace those worn or sticky knobs – make your interior look new again
Replacement HVAC SWITCH KIT (Fan and Temp), set of 2 $79.99
Replacement OEM PCM Radio Knobs (2005 – 2008) $49.99
Replacement 2 FAN and Temp Switches + 2 PCM Radio Knobs (2005 – 2008)
(SAVE $) $125.99
SUSPENSION – COIL OVERS
FULLY ADJUSTABLE COIL OVERS
Precision design and engineering come together with highest quality parts – select the exact performance level for your car.
Six different set-ups from mild Street to Super Racing
Click on an item below to learn much more!
Click HERE to order
TRANSMISSION MOUNT STIFFNERS
All 997 Manual, Tip & PDK
Choose between three hardness levels:
1. TRACK (80A) Orange – for optimized performance on track and race cars
2. HP STREET (70A) Yellow – for tuned and high-performance street cars
3. SOFT (60A) Black – adds performance and to preserve the OEM bushing.
SHIFTER CABLE ENDS
997.1 – Turbo / Carrera-2S-4S / GT2 and 997.2 GT3
Shifter Cable Ends
Upgraded Manual Shifter Cable Ends – $169
CUSTOM ROUND SHIFT KNOBS
997 Turbo / GT2 / GT3 / Carrera 2S-4S
Stock height (adjustable; 0 – 1/4″ above stock)
Shaft available in black or silver aluminum
Knob available in 2 materials:
1. Billet Aluminum
2. Delrin Hard Thermoplastic
SHIFTER & eBRAKE RAISER KITS
997 Turbo / GT2 / GT3 / Carrera 2S-4S
For race and track vehicles – Raises the shifter and eBrake up higher.
For all 997 Series Cars
Front radiator grills protect and enhance your valuable investment. They bolt on from the outside, unlike some designs.
Click HERE to order
RENNKIT™ PREFERRED INSTALLATION SHOPS:
Rennkit™ has a growing network of PREFERRED SHOPS with the expertise to efficiently install the eRam Kit™:
If you are a Porsche® Specialist Repair Shop and would like to receive information about providing and installing the eRam Kit™ for your 996 / 997 Turbo and Carrera GT customers, let us know!
WARRANTY: No worries, there is a 24 month limited warranty on all parts, and a money back guarantee for uninstalled eRam Kit™, or other Rennkit products (less nominal restocking fee) – click on PURCHASE and scroll down for details. (Note; products not produced by Rennkit™ carry a warranty as provided by the suppler. Contact Rennkit™ for further information.)
This site is in no way associated with Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Porsche® is a registered trademark of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.