- Patented 997 Turbo eRam Kit™ electric Wing Elevator
- Wing Extender™ for OEM Hydraulics – Wing is 1″ or 2″ higher
NO MORE HYDRAULICS!™
Don’t risk Pentosin® Power Steering fluid leaks into your engine bay or down the bumper. Extensively designed and engineered to permanently fix the overly complex and troublesome factory hydraulic mechanism. Since 2015, our eRam Kit™ is the best permanent economical solution to maintain a fully functional wing!
The dealer wants up to $4000 to replace a troublesome hydraulic mechanism. Others offer a rebuild service, simply tearing down and repairing the same failure prone mechanism, often using solvents to swell internal o-rings. Another offers shiny aftermarket parts for the internal hydraulic mechanism made out of stainless instead of brass. They don’t even attempt to call it a permanent solution, claiming it is “easy” to change out cheap internal o-rings to refill and bleed the mechanism when it fails again… Who wants to go through that more than once? Again, it’s only a matter of time until hot engine bay conditions destroy the first of many hydraulic components that are prone to failure!
Our patented 997 Turbo eRam Kit™ wing elevator consists of two pre-assembled self-contained electric rams that simply bolt onto the engine lid with absolutely NO modifications. The eRam Kit™ includes a small electronic “MicroModule Device™” that connects to the factory wiring and prevents the dreaded SPOILER WARNING. Nearly plug and play! WORKS EXACTLY LIKE THE FACTORY MECHANISM.
Upgrade from the troublesome and finicky factory hydraulic mechanism to the simpler, more robust eRam Kit™. Available in 4 standard and 12 CUSTOM extension heights up to 6 1/4″ high!
3″ eRam Kit
The patented eRam Kit™ comes with two self-contained electric eRams, all fittings, fasteners, electrical connections and the tiny MicroModule Device™ which prevents the spoiler warning. No cutting, drilling or modification to any part of the car. Easy install – about the same skill level as changing brake pads. Easily maintained – no special tools needed. Easily modified – for example to exchange for different length rams or to add Dust & Moisture Boots.
4 3/4″ eRam Kit™
HEAVY DUTY yet light-weight electric rams have built-in limit switches on each ram – greatly reduced risk of failure with the car’s back up relays. Functions exactly like the factory mechanism; wing extends by using the dash switch or after reaching 75 MPH (100 Km/h). Wing retracts with the dash switch, or upon slowing to 37 MPH (60 Km/h).
COST EFFECTIVE – Our patented eRam Kit™ is much less costly than a new factory mechanism (up to $4000 installed by the dealer) – and can NEVER leak or fail due to the many problems associated with the hydraulic OEM mechanism design, which can be reviewed HERE. Installation of the eRam Kit™ takes about 2 hours for anyone with some mechanical skill. Most customers install the eRam Kit™ themselves using our step by step illustrated manual, with the complete installation process on video (sent after purchase). No major electrical modifications – the tiny MicroModule Device™ prevents the SPOILER WARNING by communicating with the turbo’s ECU computer.
997 Turbo with 3″ Super-Fast eRam Kit™ Installed
One of our partner suppliers put a 3″ eRam Kit on their 997 turbo:
2006 – 2014 997 Turbo / Turbo S eRam Kit™ Choices
Each eRam Kit™ comes fully pre-assembled, all hardware and electrical components are included to simply bolt onto the 997 Turbo deck lid and wire up. Choose from 4 extension heights (or custom height) and various options / accessories to transform your 997 Turbo:
- CUSTOM HEIGHT eRam Kit™
We can provide a custom height for your factory or aftermarket wing, from 2 3/4″ up to 6 1/4″! Contact us for options. NOTE: Only 2″, 3″ or 4″ kits sit flush with decklid.
- 4 3/4” [119 mm] eRam Kit™
Our flagship eRam Kit™ provides SUPERIOR rear downforce, as the wing is up higher in cleaner air – just like the factory GT2, GT3 and GT4 wings. This kit provides excellent rear wheel down force at higher speeds. This eRam Kit™ raises the wing 4 3/4” [119 mm] above the parked position when deployed. For the 997 Turbo coupe, that’s an additional 3.3” [84 mm] higher than the factory mechanism raised height. Superior aesthetics – you can easily see the wing deploy in the rear view mirror, observers can readily see the raised wing on the street or track. Many 997 Turbo owners that track their car opt for this eRam Kit™ version. Note: Parked wing is 3/4″ [19 mm] above the rear lid ducktail spoiler as shown:
ALL NEW 4 3/4″ [119mm] eRam Kit™ for the 997 Turbo
- 4” [100 mm] eRam Kit™
“Aggressive yet not excessive”. Provides very good aerodynamic benefit, as the wing is up in cleaner air at speed. Added benefit to rear wheel down force at higher speed. This eRam Kit™ extends the wing up 4” when deployed – yet sits flush to ducktail when down. For the 997 Turbo coupe, additional 2.6” [65mm] above factory raised height, for the cabrio 1.4″ [35 mm] higher. Great aesthetics – you can easily see the raised wing in the rear view mirror, observers readily notice your extended wing on the street or track. When parked, wing is flush to duck tail like factory system.
- 3” [75 mm] eRam Kit™
Highly recommended – offers improved aero-effect down force and aesthetics compared with stock factory height. On the 997 Turbo coupe the 3″ eRam Kit™ is 1.6” [40 mm] higher than the stock turbo coupe’s extended wing. For the cabrio it’s 0.4″ [10mm] higher. This is also the closest eRam Kit™ to the factory raised height for cabriolet models. The perfect choice for those who want to retain more of a stock look – yet appreciate a bolder rear wing statement. When parked, wing is flush to duck tail like factory system.
- 2” [50 mm] eRam Kit™ (only for 997 Turbo Coupe)
For those who want an economical choice for replacing a dead factory hydraulic mechanism with all of the eRam Kit™ benefits. Requires fine adjustments during installation. Coupe height is 0.6″ [15mm] taller stock, but cabrio height is 0.6″ [15mm] shorter than factory height and is NOT recommended. When parked, wing is flush to duck tail like factory system.
Options and accessories for the eRam Kit™ can be found HERE
997 Turbo eRam Kit™ Details
Stop spending time, effort and money on the troublesome factory system. Why risk a hydraulic wing system failure and subsequent leak of corrosive (and flammable) Pentosin® Power Steering fluid in your hot engine bay or down the back bumper? The original factory hydraulic mechanism can be rebuilt, but can NEVER be prevented from failing or leaking fluid. Fix one item and there are several more parts that are degrading and will also fail. Our patented robust all-electric eRam Kit™ can never leak and eRam Kit™ parts are easily removed with standard hand tools for servicing or upgrade.
SIMPLER – MORE ROBUST – LIGHTER – HIGHER – SAFER – MORE DOWNFORCE
- The ONLY Patented all-electric turbo wing actuation device.
- Comes pre-assembled with everything needed: A set of rams and MicroModule Device™ spoiler warning prevention electronics.
(The pin wrench is highly recommended for the 997 Turbo – but not included – available here: PURCHASE )
- Robust – self contained rams are designed for desert duty and have a duty cycle equivalent to stroking every 6.5 minutes for 10 years!
- Works EXACTLY like the factory system: Up at 75 MPH, down at 37 MPH, or by using the dash switch to raise and lower.
- Available in 4 Heights: 2 inch (similar to the coupe), 3 inch (similar to the cabrio), 4 inch and NEW 4-3/4 inch (maximized downforce at high speed).
- Two Deployment Speeds: Standard & SuperFast Version™ option. SuperFast Version™ rams are 4 times faster at deploying the wing up or down. Faster than the factory mechanism! Great on the track.
- Simple Installation – Easily bolts on. NO MODIFICATIONS to your Turbo (no drilling, machining, filing, etc.) Under two hours start to finish, remove old hydraulic mechanism, bolt on eRams, wire up and attach wing – it’s that simple. Illustrated step by step instructions and video link sent with purchase. Our step by step video guides you through the whole process!
- Light Weight – Saves PRECIOUS WEIGHT at the top and back of the Turbo – 1/3 LIGHTER compared to the OEM hydraulic mechanism. Note to track guys: Reduces center of gravity at the very back of the Turbo!
- Cost Effective – compared to a new OEM system from Porsche®, we offer an economical alternative that is nearly half the cost.
- No worries – Two year limited warranty – see bottom of PURCHASE page for details.
Wing operation with the eRam Kit™ installed is identical to the factory system; either by using the dash switch or when driving. Automatically deploys the wing up after reaching 75 MPH (120 km/h) and back down once at 37 MPH (60 km/h). The motor driven rams are designed for harsh environments and are protected from external moisture with a dual-seal design. Adding the recommended Dust & Moisture Boots further protects the eRam motor and gearbox from dust, moisture and harsh engine bay conditions.
The Porsche® 997 Turbo owner’s manual states that the Turbo should not be driven without proper wing operation – the car’s aerodynamics were designed around an operational wing:
Factory manual describing wing operation HERE
eRam Kit™ Specifications:
- Cycle Time “SuperFast Version™“: 4″ eRam Kit < 3 sec., 3″ eRam Kit < 2.5 sec., 2” eRam Kit < 1.7 sec.
- Cycle Time Standard eRam Kit™: 4″ eRam Kit < 11 sec., 3″ eRam Kit < 9 sec., 2″ eRam Kit < 7 sec.
- Input Voltage: 12VDC
- Current: < 5A at full load
- Load Capacity: Min. 35 lbs. per electric ram
- Static Load: 2X Force
- Duty Cycle: Min. 25%
- Operating Temp.: -13°F to 149°F [-25°C to 65°C]
- Limit Switches: Built in to each electric ram – user non-adjustable
- IP Grade: IP54
- Low Noise: dB < 45 (A)
- Certified: CE & ROHS
- Clamps and flanges – Billet Aluminum 6061 T6
- Weight eRam Kit™: ~6 lb
Calculation of Duty Cycle:
The eRam Kit™ is designed for fairly harsh environmental conditions. If you used your car as a daily driver 5 days per week, and took 4 trips per day on a highway to cycle the rams 8 times, that equates to 2,000 cycles per year, or on average 0.23 cycles per hr on average.
The eRam Kit™ has a very conservative 25% duty cycle. Thus, you would be able to safely cycle your wing 300 times per hour. In effect, there is a 1300:1 safety factor on an already conservative duty cycle.
High Speed Testing
The eRam Kit™ has performed as designed during several high speed track trials over 200 MPH! Many eRam Kit™ sets have been purchased by owners that track their Turbo. They prefer the tallest eRam Kit™, as they want the factory look when down, with the benefit of better rear end down-force at the track. Wing operation is stable with smooth and precise actuation. Quicker lap times were achieved with the 4″ eRam Kit™ installed. Street or track, operation is exactly the same.
Options / Accessories / Tools
- “SuperFast Version™” option reduces up / down stroke time significantly. The wing travels up or down faster than factory hydraulic rams. The 4″ eRam Kit™ actuation time is reduced from 11 seconds to just over 3 seconds! The 3″ ram stroke time is under 3 seconds, while the 2″ ram deployment is under 2 seconds. Order this option to get SuperFast Version™ eRam Kit™.
- Dust & Moisture Boots protect your eRam Kit™ investment. These are a safeguard for keeping the electric rams dry, dust free and well protected. They come pre-installed when ordered along with an eRam Kit™. They can also be ordered separately and put on later.
- Pin Wrench: This tool is a must for removing the factory 997 wing from the factory hydraulic rams. The factory used a very strong thread locker. Engaging the pin through the outer cylinder and grasping the inner slotted element is necessary. Makes the job of removing the wing as easy as possible! Heavy gauge blackened steel finish. Imported from Germany.
- MicroModule Device™: Included with every eRam Kit™, this device can be purchased separately to prevent the spoiler warning on Porsche 996 / 997 Turbos with fixed wing installations. For 996 / 997 turbos that have the GT2 / GT3 / Aero or after-market integrated wing & engine lid. Less costly than a new GT2 / GT3 wiring harness! Stop the spoiler warning for good!
- Custom Height eRam Kit™: An eRam Kit™ lowered or extended height can be adjusted to any bottom or top stop point between 0″ (0mm) and 6 1/4″ (158mm).
Aftermarket Airbox or Y-pipes?
Please contact us for fitment info if you have aftermarket boost hoses or airbox (Fabspeed, EVOMS, Turbokraft, etc.), generally these are fine with the eRam Kit™. The Turbokraft airbox will only accommodate the 3″ or 2″ eRam Kit™. We have a guideline to help you check, download HERE.
997 Turbo – OEM Hydraulic WING EXTENDERS™
CAN ALSO BE USED WITH OUR eRam Kit™
Extend your OEM hydraulic mechanism’s wing higher by 1″ or 2″. Another way to get your wing further up in the air!
10 minute installation: Simply use our Pin Wrench to remove the wing. Screw the wing extenders onto the wing and tighten with the pin wrench, then screw the rams back onto the wing extenders with the pin wrench. DIY simple. Illustrated step by step instructions included. (Note, wing will be 1″or 2″ higher than ducktail when down. Pin Wrench recommended – factory used a very aggressive thread locker!
2″ Wing Extenders™ with Pin Wrench (wing is 3.4″ (Coupe) or 4.6″ (Cabrio) above decklid when up / 2″ when down) $199
2″ Extenders (no Pin Wrench, wing is 3.4″ (Coupe) or 4.6″ (Cabrio) above decklid when up / 2″ when down) $169
1″ Wing Extenders™ with Pin Wrench (wing is 2.4″ (Coupe) or 3.6″ (Cabrio) above decklid when up / 1″ when down) $159
1″ Wing Extenders™ (no Pin Wrench, wing is 2.4″ (Coupe) or 3.6″ (Cabrio) above decklid when up / 1″ when down) $139
RENNKIT™ PREFERRED INSTALLATION SHOPS:
Rennkit™ has a growing network of PREFERRED SHOPS with the expertise to efficiently install the eRam Kit™:
If you are a Porsche® Specialist Repair Shop and would like to receive information about providing and installing the eRam Kit™ for your 996 / 997 Turbo and Carrera GT customers, let us know!
WARRANTY: No worries, there is a 24 month limited warranty on all parts, and a money back guarantee for uninstalled eRam Kit™, or other Rennkit products (less nominal restocking fee) – click on PURCHASE and scroll down for details. (Note; products not produced by Rennkit™ carry a warranty as provided by the suppler. Contact Rennkit™ for further information.)
This site is in no way associated with Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Porsche is a registered trademark of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.