Carrera GT eRam Kit
NOW AVAILABLE!(Patent Pending)
Don’t risk Pentosin fluid leaks into the engine bay or rear quarter panels. We offer the only PERMANENT FIX for the overly complex and troublesome factory hydraulic mechanism. LOOKS AND FUNCTIONS EXACTLY THE SAME as the factory’s overly complex mechanism. The world’s ONLY economical and permanent solution for a fully functional wing! The patent pending Carrera GT electric eRam wing actuation kit consists of two electric eRams that replace the non-rebuildable hydraulic cylinders in each wing upright. The rest of the hydraulic system is removed. The kit includes all necessary parts and illustrated step by step instructions. Upgrade from the troublesome factory hydraulic mechanism to the safer, simpler, lighter and more robust eRam system.
This is the overly complex and troublesome factory mechanism (note left side will not go up):
All of that is replaced with this all-electric eRam set…
The Carrera GT eRam kit comes with two self contained electric eRams, fittings, fasteners and electrical connections. The center sliding plates must be machined – but this does not prevent return to the hydraulic system in the future. Easily maintained – no special tools needed – eRam parts are no problem to replace or fix. But KEEP the old hydraulic setup – put it in a waterproof plastic container – include it with the sale of your Carrera GT should you ever sell the car!
HEAVY DUTY, yet light weight eRams have two built-in limit switches within each ram – greatly reducing the risk of failure. Functions exactly like the factory system; extends by using the dash switch or once reaching the wing up speed. Retracts with the dash switch, or upon slowing to the wing down speed.
COST EFFECTIVE – the eRam kit is far less expensive than a new factory set ($24,500) – and will NEVER leak or fail due to the multiple problems associated with the hydraulic OEM mechanism, which can be reviewed HERE. Installation of the eRam kit is very straight forward. No electrical modifications – plugs into existing electrical connections.
SIMPLER – MORE ROBUST – LIGHTER – SAFER
- World’s ONLY all-electric wing actuation mechanism (patent pending).
- Robust – the self contained rams are designed for desert duty and have a duty cycle equivalent to stroking every 6.5 minutes for 10 years!
- Works EXACTLY like the factory system: Up at 75 MPH, down at 37 MPH, or by using the dash switch to raise and lower.
- Lighter Weight – Saves PRECIOUS WEIGHT at the very top and back of the Turbo – 1/3 LIGHTER compared to the OEM hydraulic mechanism. Reduces center of gravity at the very back of the Turbo!
- Cost Effective – compared to a new $24,500 OEM system from Porsche, about 1/3 the cost – yet a much more robust and trouble-free design.
- No worries – one year limited warranty – see bottom of PURCHASE page for details.
- Cycle Time Carrera GT eRam Kit: <3 sec.
- Input Voltage: 12VDC
- Current: < 5A at full load
- Load Capacity: 22 lbs./ 100 N / 10 Kg
- Duty Cycle: 25%
- Operating Temp.: -26°C to 65°C
- Limit Switches: Built in to each eRam – user non-adjustable
- IP Class: IP65
- Clamps and flanges – Billet Aluminum 6061 T6
Calculation of Duty Cycle:
The eRam system is designed for fairly harsh environmental conditions. If you used your car as a daily driver 5 days per week, and took 4 trips per day on a highway so the rams cycle 8 times, that would be 2,000 cycles per year, or on average 0.23 cycles per hr on average.
The eRam has a very conservative 25% duty cycle. Thus, you would be able to safely cycle the wing 300 times per hour. In effect, there is a 1300:1 safety factor on an already conservative duty cycle.
High Speed Testing
The eRam kit continues to performed as designed at high speed track trials over 200 MPH in a 997 Turbo! Many eRam sets have been purchased by owners that track their Turbos. Wing operation is stable with smooth and precise actuation. Street or track, operation is exactly the same.
Middle Sliding Plate Modification
The bore has to be slightly modified on one side of center hole as shown. This does NOT affect re-installing the hydraulic rams for factory OEM operation. Rennkit can modify the bore, or you can take to the sliding plates to your machinist to modify the bore. We offer both solutions.
1. WE MODIFY YOUR MIDDLE SLIDING PLATES / ASSEMBLE eRams / BENCH TEST / SHIP READY TO INSTALL
Remove hydraulic lines and send us both elevator mechanisms for sliding plate machining. We assemble, bench test and ship back the entire assembly with eRams installed ready to mount in the car.
2. WE PROVIDE CAD DRAWING FOR YOUR MACHINE SHOP TO MODIFY MIDDLE SLIDING PLATES / YOUR MECHANIC INSTALLS THE eRams
We send a complete eRam kit. Your shop machines the center plates per our CAD drawing and assembles the eRams into the elevator assemblies for reinstallation in the car. Complete illustrated step by step installation instructions emailed once ordered.