Bluetooth Retrofit Kit for 996.1 Turbo – Carrera – C4S – C4 and 986.1 Boxster era vehicles. The idea is simple, include EVERYTHING in a kit to make the installation DIY simple, AND provide functionality of streaming Bluetooth from your Android or iPhone to 2000 era factory head units. Perfect for enthusiasts who don’t want to add an aftermarket head unit to stream Bluetooth – our kit retains the factory look.
NOTE: Does NOT work with MOST systems, like CDR-23 in 2003 onward vehicles.
- DIY skills: Requires removal of radio head unit with supplied removal keys, removal of cubby shelf and drilling a hole with supplied stepped drill bit, routing wires behind the console and securing, connecting up power wires to existing wiring, etc. If you don’t feel you have the know-how, contact one of our Preferred Shops HERE.
- Factory Head Unit: Works in Porsche vehicles with: Becker Traffic Pro, Mexico CD (7803, CC4325, CC4327, CD4337, CC4370), CR-22, CDR-22, CR-220, CDR-220. Does NOT work with MOST can-bus systems, e.g. CDR-23.
- CDR-210, CR-210 and PCM1 radios must also have a CD Changer port (even if there is no CD Changer in the car).
- Factory head unit with CD option (will use the blue plug) on the back:
Blue plug from CD changer (your unit may or may not have one – depending upon if the car came with the optional remote CD changer)
- If you have a single disc head unit player – the CD player will work, use the AUX function for BT.
- If you have a remote multi-disc CD player, it will be disconnected from the head unit and be unusable.
(BUT, we are working on a future solution that keeps both available!)
- Feedback: Take pictures, videos and notes during install – provide feedback to Rennkit as opportunities for improvements to the kit, installation methods or instructions.
For the following Porsche models:
- Porsche 996 Carrera (incl. C4 / C4S / Targa) 1998 – 2002
- Porsche 996 Turbo/GT2 2001 – 2002
- Porsche 986 Boxster 1999 – 2002
- Stereo Connector to factory head unit
- Power Converter
- Blue Tooth Transceiver including isolator unit
- Head Unit Removal Keys
- Stepped drill bit for the cubby shelf hole (hidden behind the rubber liner)
- T-taps, zip-ties, Velcro, etc.
Illustrated step by step instructions. Under 60 minutes to install:
BLUETOOTH 4.0 HANDSFREE CAR TRANSCEIVER – Built-in Microphone, Stream Wireless Music from smart phones, tablets or Bluetooth enabled audio devices and play them through your car audio system.
- LATEST BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY – Supports pairing two smarts devices at once. Fully Backward Compatible. Full-speed transmission and low power consumption. You will never miss a call again with this Bluetooth car adapter!
- PURE SOUND QUALITY – Built-in microphone transmits your voice to your phone. Echo and noise canceling technology supply non-stop wireless stereo music streaming and clear phone calls.
- EASY TO USE – It is easy to setup the car kit and control it. Power to the transceiver keeps it powered up anytime the key is on. Pair the Bluetooth receiver with your phone. Adjust the car radio mode to CD or AUX IN (if available). Automatically power on and connect to the last paired device when starting the car. Wireless music player controls – Play, Pause, Previous song, Next song, Volume down, Volume up; Talking controls – Answer and reject calls. Music or call switching.
- COMPATIBLE DEVICES – Transceiver is compatible with all iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and iPod nano models, iPad mini, iPad mini and all Android smartphones and tablets including Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S
BTR-2 BLUETOOTH RETROFIT KIT
For Porsche head units without MOST fiber optics. AVAILABLE NOW!
Warranty: One year limited warranty, scroll down on www.rennkit.com/purchase for details.