BTR-2 Bluetooth Retrofit Kit
For 996.1 (911) MK I Turbo – Carrera – C4S – C4 – Targa and 986.1 MK I Boxster era vehicles. The idea is simple, include EVERYTHING in a kit to make the installation DIY simple and provide functionality of streaming Bluetooth while charging your smart phone. For 1997 – 2002 era factory head units. Perfect for enthusiasts who don’t want to add an aftermarket head unit to stream Bluetooth – our kit retains the factory look.
NOTE: Does NOT work with the MOST fiber optic units, like CDR-23 found in 2003 onward vehicles.
Factory 996 & 997 Turbo / GT2 OEM Radio/CD/PCM Option List, download HERE.
- Stream music from your smart phone
- Make/Take Calls – Hands Free
- Charge your smart phone
- Includes Noise Isolator – quieter operation
- Includes Power Converter – no need to plug into cigarette lighter or recharge the Bluetooth receiver
For the following head units:
- Becker Traffic Pro, Mexico CD (7803, CC4325, CC4327, CD4337, CC4370)
- Becker CR-22, CDR-22, CR-220, CDR-220
- Becker CDR-210, CR-210 and PCM1 radios with CD Changer port (even if there is no CD changer in your runk)
For the following 1997 – 2002 (MKI) cars:
- Porsche 996 (911) Carrera / C4 / Targa / Cabrio
- Porsche 911 GT3
- Porsche 911 Turbo / GT2
- Porsche Boxster and Boxster S
- Bluetooth Transceiver with Ground Loop Noise Isolator
- 12 VDC Transformer – No need to charge up Transceiver!
- Connector cable with ISO plug to head unit
- Charging cable and adapter for iPhone or Android phone
- Head Unit Removal Keys
- Stepped drill bit
- T-taps, zip ties, Velcro, etc.
- Step by Step Illustrated Installation Instructions (emailed)
Warranty: One year limited warranty, see bottom of www.rennkit.com/purchase for details
- Pull out radio head unit with supplied removal keys.
- Optional: Remove cubby shelf and drill a hole with supplied stepped drill bit
- Route wires behind the console and secure
- Connect up power wires to existing wiring.
- If you don’t feel you have the know-how, contact one of our Preferred Shops HERE.
- Factory head unit with CD input (blue plug shown):
Blue plug for CD changer (your vehicle may not have the optional CD Changer – that’s okay)
- If you have a single disc head unit player – the CD player will work, use the AUX function for BT.
- If you have a remote multi-disc CD player, it will be disconnected from the head unit and becomes unusable.
BLUETOOTH 4.0 HANDSFREE CAR TRANSCEIVER – Built-in Microphone, Stream Wireless Music or calls from smart phones, tablets or Bluetooth enabled audio devices and play them through your car audio system.
- LATEST BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY – Supports pairing two smarts devices at once. Fully Backward Compatible. Full-speed transmission and low power consumption. You will never miss a call again with this Bluetooth car adapter!
- PURE SOUND QUALITY – Built-in microphone transmits your voice to your phone. Echo and noise canceling technology supply non-stop wireless stereo music streaming and clear phone calls.
- EASY TO USE – It is easy to setup the car kit and control it. Power to the transceiver keeps it powered up anytime the key is on. Pair the Bluetooth receiver with your phone. Adjust the car radio mode to CD or AUX IN (if available). Automatically power on and connect to the last paired device when starting the car. Wireless music player controls – Play, Pause, Previous song, Next song, Volume down, Volume up; Talking controls – Answer and reject calls. Music or call switching.
- COMPATIBLE DEVICES – Transceiver is compatible with all iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and iPod nano models, iPad mini, iPad mini and all Android smartphones and tablets including Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S
BTR-2 BLUETOOTH RETROFIT KIT
Warranty: One year limited warranty, scroll down on www.rennkit.com/purchase for details.