997 Turbo eRam Electric Wing Actuation Kit
997 Turbo eRam electric Wing Actuation Kit (Patent Pending)
NO MORE HYDRAULICS! Don’t risk a Pentosin leaks into your engine bay or down the bumper. This is the ONLY economical and permanent solution for a fully functional wing! The 997 Turbo electric eRam wing actuation kit consists of two pre-assembled electric eRams that simply bolt onto the engine lid with absolutely NO modifications, and a small electronic “MicroModule” that is connected to the factory wiring. Nearly plug and play! The kit includes all necessary parts and illustrated step by step instructions are emailed once ordered. Upgrade from the troublesome factory hydraulic mechanism to the simpler, yet more robust eRam system.
The kit comes with two self contained electric eRams, all fittings, fasteners, electrical connections and the tiny MicroModule chip, which prevents the spoiler warning. No cutting, drilling or modification of any part of the car. Nearly plug and play! Easy installation, 4 bolts and 2 set screws per side. Easily maintained – no special tools needed – easily modified (for instance to exchange for taller rams or to add the Dust & Moisture Boots).
HEAVY DUTY, yet light weight eRams have two built-in limit switches within each ram – greatly reducing the risk of failure. Functions exactly like the factory system; extends by using the dash switch or once reaching 75 MPH (100 K/h). Retracts with the dash switch, or upon slowing to 37 MPH (5 K/h).
COST EFFECTIVE – the eRam kit is cheaper than a new factory set – and will NEVER leak or fail due to the multiple problems associated with the hydraulic OEM system design, which can be reviewed HERE. Installation of the eRam kit takes about 2 hours for anyone with basic mechanical skills. Most customers have installed the eRam kit themselves. No major electrical modifications – the tiny MicroModule cancels the SPOILER WARNING. The MicroModule prevents any SPOILER WARNING by communicating with the car’s dash ECU computer.
997 Turbo with 3″ Super-Fast eRam Kit Installed
997 Turbo eRam Kit Choices
All kits come preassembled and ready to bolt onto the 997 Turbo deck lid and wire up. Choose from three extended heights, kit options and accessories to transform your Turbo:
- NEW! Our flagship 4 3/4” [119 mm] eRam kit provides SUPERIOR rear downforce, as the wing is up higher in cleaner air – just like the factory GT2, GT3 and GT4 wings. Best rear wheel down force at higher speeds. This kit raises the wing 4 3/4” above the parked position when deployed. For the 997 Turbo coupe, an additional 3.4” [85 mm] above the factory mechanism raised height. Superior aesthetics – you can easily see the wing deploy in the rear view mirror, observers can readily see your raised wing on the street or track. Most of the owners that track their car opt for the super high kit. NOTE: The parked wing is 3/4″ [19 mm] above the rear lid ducktail spoiler instead of flush.
ALL NEW 4 3/4″ [119mm] eRam Set for the 997 Turbo
- The 4” [100 mm]eRam kit provides very good aerodynamic benefit, as the wing is up high in cleaner air. Added benefit of rear wheel down force at higher speed. This kit raises the wing 4” above the parked position when deployed. For the 997 Turbo coupe, an additional 2.6” [66mm] above factory raised height. Great aesthetics – you can easily see the raised wing in the rear view mirror, observers can readily see your extended wing on the street or track. Another good choice for combining with the 2-Piece Front Splitter to balance the car at both ends.
- Our modest 3” eRam kit offer improved aero-effect down force and aesthetics over stock. On the Turbo this eRam set gains 0.6” [15mm] in height over the stock turbo coupe’s extended wing. This is also the closest eRam to the factory raised height for Cabriolet models (stock is 2.56″ or 65mm). This is the perfect choice for those who want to retain more of a stock look, with a slight bump up in extended height.
- The 2” eRam kit is for those who want to retain the 996 Turbo coupe’s modest factory wing extension height and look. The economical choice for replacing a dead factory hydraulic system, with all the eRam benefits.
997 Turbo eRam Kit Details (patent pending)
Stop spending time, effort and money on the troublesome factory system. Why risk a hydraulic wing system failure and subsequent leak of corrosive (and flammable) Pentosin PS fluid in your engine bay or down the back bumper? The original factory hydraulic mechanism can be rebuilt, but can NEVER be prevented from failing or leaking fluid. The robust all-electric eRam set can never leak and eRam parts are easily removed with standard tools for servicing or upgrade.
SIMPLER – MORE ROBUST – LIGHTER – HIGHER – SAFER – MORE DOWNFORCE
- World’s ONLY all-electric turbo wing actuation mechanism (patent pending).
- Comes preassembled with everything needed: eRams and MicroModule spoiler warning cancellation electronics. Two hours for removal of old hydraulics and installation of new eRams.
(pin wrench not included – available here: PURCHASE )
- Robust – the self contained rams are designed for desert duty and have a duty cycle equivalent to stroking every 6.5 minutes for 10 years!
- Works EXACTLY like the factory system: Up at 75 MPH, down at 37 MPH, or by using the dash switch to raise and lower.
- Available in 4 Heights: 2 inch (like the coupe), 3 inch (like the cabrio), 4 inch which adds good downforce and 4-3/4 inch (maximized downforce at high speed).
- Two Deployment Speeds: Standard & SuperFast option. SuperFast eRams are 4 times faster at deploying the wing up or down.
- Simple Installation – just 4 bolts and 2 set screws per eRam. NO MODIFICATIONS to your Turbo (no drilling, machining, filing, etc.) Remove old mechanism, pull out 1/4 turn lugs, bolt on eRams and wire up – it’s that simple. Illustrated step by step instructions emailed with purchase.
- Lighter Weight – Saves PRECIOUS WEIGHT at the very top and back of the Turbo – 1/3 LIGHTER compared to the OEM hydraulic mechanism. Reduces center of gravity at the very back of the Turbo!
- Cost Effective – compared to a new OEM system from Porsche, about half the cost – yet a much more robust and trouble-free design.
- No worries – one year limited warranty – see bottom of PURCHASE page for details.
Wing operation with the eRam kit installed is identical to the factory system; either by using the dash switch or when driving. Automatically deploys the wing up after reaching 75 MPH (120 km/h) and back down once at 37 MPH (60 km/h). The motor driven rams are designed for harsh environments and are protected from moisture or water with a dual-seal design. Adding the recommended Dust & Moisture Boot set protects the rams from dust, moisture and engine bay conditions.
The Porsche® 997 Turbo owner’s manual states that the Turbo should not be driven without proper wing operation – the car’s aerodynamics were designed around an operational wing:
Factory manual describing wing operation can be seen HERE
- Cycle Time Standard eRam Kit: 4″ eRam < 11 sec., 3″ eRam < 9 sec., 2″ eRam < 7 sec.
- Cycle Time “Super-Fast” Option: 4″ eRam < 3 sec., 3″ eRam < 2.5 sec., 2″ eRam < 1.7 sec.
- Input Voltage: 12VDC
- Current: < 5A at full load
- Load Capacity: Min. 35 lbs. per eRam
- Static Load: 2X Force
- Duty Cycle: Min. 25%
- Operating Temp.: -13°F to 149°F [-25°C to 65°C]
- Limit Switches: Built in to each eRam – user non-adjustable
- IP Grade: IP54
- Low Noise: dB < 45 (A)
- Certified: CE & ROHS
- Clamps and flanges – Billet Aluminum 6061 T6
- Weight eRam set: 6 lb
Calculation of Duty Cycle:
The eRam system is designed for fairly harsh environmental conditions. If you used your car as a daily driver 5 days per week, and took 4 trips per day on a highway so the rams cycle 8 times, that would be 2,000 cycles per year, or on average 0.23 cycles per hr on average.
The eRam has a very conservative 25% duty cycle. Thus, you would be able to safely cycle your wing 300 times per hour. In effect, there is a 1300:1 safety factor on an already conservative duty cycle.
High Speed Testing
The eRam kit performed as designed during several high speed track trials over 200 MPH! Many eRam sets have been purchased by owners that track their Turbo. They prefer the tallest eRams as they want the factory look when down, with the benefit of better rear end down-force at the track. Wing operation is stable with smooth and precise actuation. Quicker lap times were achieved with the 4″ eRam wing actuation system installed. Street or track, operation is exactly the same.
Options / Accessories / Tools
- “Super Fast” option reduces up / down stroke time significantly. The wing travels up or down in the blink of an eye. The 4″ eRam actuation time is reduced from 11 seconds to under 4 seconds. The 3″ stroke time is under 3 seconds, while the 2″ eRam actuation time is less than 2 seconds. Order this option to get “Super Fast” acting eRams.
- Dust & Moisture Boots protect your eRam investment. These are a safeguard for keeping the eRams dry, dust free and looking like new. They come pre-installed when ordered with an eRam kit. They can also be ordered separately and put on later.
- Pin Wrench: This tool is a must for removing the factory wing from the factory hydraulic rams. Engaging the pin through the outer cylinder and grasping the inner slotted washer is necessary. Makes the job of removing the wing as easy as possible! Heavy gauge blackened steel finish. Imported from Germany.
- MicroModule: Included with every eRam kit, this device can be purchased separately to prevent the spoiler warning on Porsche 996 / 997 Turbos with fixed wing installations. For 996 / 997 turbos that have the GT2 / GT3 / Aero or after-market integrated wing & engine lid. Less costly than a new GT2 / GT3 wiring harness! Stop the spoiler warning for good!
- Custom Height eRam Kit: The eRam lowered or extended height can be adjusted to any bottom or top stop point between 0″ (0mm) and 4″ (102mm). For example, to keep the exact stock raised height on either the coupe or the cabriolet. Also the perfect solution for aftermarket wings with longer attachment bosses on the wing.
FIXED WINGS: The MicroModule is great solution for 996 / 997 TT owners that have a FIXED WING. The MicroModule is easily hooked up to the factory wiring and cancels all instances of the SPOILER WARNING. The MicroModule can be purchased separately to cancel the SPOILER WARNING at the dash – CLICK HERE
WARRANTY: No worries, there is a 12 month limited warranty on all parts, and a money back guarantee for uninstalled kits (less nominal restocking fee) – click on PURCHASE and scroll down for details.
This site is in no way associated with Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Porsche is a registered trademark of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.